ABS launches cybersecurity offering to combat increasing global attacks
The solution is designed to deliver effective support to a wide range of industry sectors, including power plants, wind farms, oil rigs, platforms to ships, pipelines and industrial manufacturing.
ABSG Consulting Inc. has launched an integrated new cybersecurity service designed to help organizations monitor, manage and reduce the growing threat of Operational Technology (OT) cyber attacks.
Ian Bramson, Global Head of Cybersecurity from ABS Consulting, says:
“The digital front line is expanding to the OT environment, impacting today’s industrial systems and equipment critical to high performing operations, business reputation and safety. This is a new area with low maturity and high risk. As digitalization expands so do the risks of a system breach or cyber attack.”
The solution is designed to deliver effective support to a wide range of industry sectors, including power plants, wind farms, oil rigs, platforms to ships, pipelines and industrial manufacturing. The new Cybersecurity Managed Services developed by ABS Consulting helps companies reduce cybersecurity risks across multiple facilities and assets by 24/7 monitoring of critical infrastructure and OT networks for cyber threats.
“OT cybersecurity requires specialized skills and experience. Traditional Information Technology (IT) solutions do not work in these environments. Our service is a native OT solution designed specifically for industrial networks. Most organizations do not have adequate visibility into these systems to understand cyber vulnerabilities and activity. Our managed services solution gives them both visibility and control over these increasing risks.”
The service offering improves awareness and supports decision making for industrial control systems and networks by delivering insights across a company’s digital ecosystem using OT domain expertise, and IT/OT integration included in a single user platform, which proactively monitors and manages a range of key issues:
- Enables cybersecurity risk capabilities to identify systems, assets and data – capabilities that, when disrupted, pose risks to people, operations and the environment.
- Implements risk control processes and measures to assist with contingency planning and continuity of operations.
- Detects a cyber event at any time. Technology that never sleeps.
- Provides cybersecurity resilience to programs, operations and services critical to business success and performance.
- Supports the fast restoration of an organization’s systems for safe operations in line with a company’s disaster recovery plans.